Sunday, March 15, 2009

Venice...again!

My parents came in town to visit!  Super exciting for me after being away from them for almost 8 months straight.  I couldnt wait to see how they would react to the european environment and was excited to see them absorb my "normal" life there.  But it started off with us going to Venice for a 4 day wedding.  Jody and Jennifer (people i have always heard about from my parents but never actually met)  had a magical destination wedding.  They got married in the catacombs of st marks basilica.  NUTS!  It was crazy beautiful and for four days i ate 17 course meals with drinks to match each round and talked with some of the most kind and interesting i have met in  a while.  Everyone had such adventures and stories to tell and it was incredibly nice to speak english in a fast pace with wit and banter.  Ok so here are just a few of the hundreds of pictures from the long weekend...

While in Venice we got to go to a glassblowing factory/museum.  I love the ambiance of this room.. and this chandelier is aaaamazing.
Not a postcard... its real life.
My mom and me, just taking a walk in europe.
cute cute cute
The view from our fabulous room in our fabulous hotel for a fabulous destination wedding.

Apparently my parents dance just as much as I do... thats where that came from.  It was fun to listen to their insane questions and unrealistic advice.  But that can wait for a different blog for when they came to my ostrava life! 

No comments: